The healthy home sanitization cleaning services Dubai
Gulf News – Dubai
July 19, 2018
This week, we found out that around two million dust mites live in the average household mattress and they excrete around 20 times a day! In Dubai, high humidity and lack of fresh indoor air circulation are things we all experience on a daily basis, but did you know that this is the common cause of dust mites?
Even the cleanest Dubai apartment or villa has millions of dust mites lurking beneath the surfaces – trust us, we’ve seen it with our own eyes! Having stumbled across ‘The Healthy Home’ on Instagram, we decided to put ‘The Healthy Home‘ to the test this week in a freshly-cleaned apartment and the results speak for themselves in the video!
Why is it important to sanitise the house?
From regular sandstorms to exposure to continuous AC, our Dubai air quality is one of the leading causes for dust and dirt. Dust mites and mould multiply when exposed to humidity, especially in areas like the mattress, sofa, carpet and curtains. This leads to allergic symptoms such as itchy eyes, sneezing and coughing, as well as health issues including asthma, eczema and, in some cases, bronchitis.
Did you know…
- Dust mites excrete around 20 times a day in the mattress
- Around two million dust mites live in the average household mattress
- Dust mites excrete twice their body weight per day
- Dust mite populations multiply in hot and humid environments
- The weight of the average mattress doubles after 10 years due to dust mite infestation